#001 | ‘The Boy Who Lived’ | TPS Overview (1)
Released on February 17, 2021
Blake and Josh begin their discussion of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. They examine the themes, characters, foreshadowing and more of Chapter 1: The Boy Who Lived.
- Chapter Summary
- Key Theme– Community, Belonging, and Beginnings. Us vs. Them mentality in Harry Potter.
- Character Development– Introductions of key characters, and traits that develop further in the series.
- World Building– Muggles, wizards, the Deluminator, Apparition, and more.
- Literary Device– Point of View of the series: Third Person Limited Omniscient.
- Foreshadowing– The reason why Harry was dropped at the Dursleys.
- Significance– Introduction to the magical world.