#002 | ‘The Vanishing Glass’ | TPS Overview (2)
Released on February 17, 2021
Blake and Josh continue their discussion of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. They examine the themes, characters, foreshadowing and more of Chapter 2: The Vanishing Glass.
- Chapter Summary
- Key Theme– Captivity: Harry and the Snake
- Character Development– The odd things that happen to Harry
- World Building– Parseltongue and British-isms
- Literary Device– Temporal Marker: ten years pass between chapters 1 & 2.
- Foreshadowing– “Strange things often happened around Harry”, an incredible understatement
- Significance– The introduction of Harry’s magical abilities